VPSales – Enterprise Software
About the Client
Our client is a privately owned enterprise software company which provides business solutions to several vertical markets.
Reporting to the CEO, the VP Sales will be responsible for developing, directing and executing the company’s sales strategy to the enterprise market and emerging OEM/systems integration channels.
- Develop, direct and execute sales plan/strategy to achieve the company’s overall strategic objectives.
- Establish back-office sales infrastructure and processes to manage the sales execution process and regional sales offices.
- Create individual sales quotas and monitor sales executive performance to ensure that quotas are met or exceeded.
- Communicate with key accounts to ascertain future product requirements and resolve problems or concerns.
- Help foster an environment of innovation and co-operation by being part of the senior management team
The following competencies are considered essential for the Vice President Sales:
Demonstrates capacity for sustained effort and hard work over long periods of time, even in the face of adversity; Works towards goals and willingly tackles demanding tasks; Adopts an energetic approach
Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization’s total expenses and revenues; Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles; Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added-value and return on investment
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service; Anticipates customers’/clients’ needs; quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints; Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction
Industry & Market Awareness
Seeks to anticipate and respond to industry and market changes/challenges by understanding key characteristics, issues and the factors driving them; Aware of competitor’s products, services and position
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met; Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure; Aims to improve upon past performance; Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them
Articulates the key points of an argument persuasively; Directly and indirectly impacts the decisions/opinions of others; Mobilizes people into action; Negotiates skilfully and convinces others to own point of view
Proactive; Takes responsibility for own actions and addresses problems before asked; Seizes opportunities and acts upon them immediately
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience selling enterprise infrastructure management software solutions
- A demonstrated track record and history of building and managing a global sales organization and regional sales offices, including, motivating, mentoring and retaining sales team.
- A demonstrated track record of consistently meeting or exceeding revenue targets.
- Experience selling software solutions into the financial services, retail and/or pharmaceutical sectors and making high level presentations to senior executives within these organizations.
- Strong interpersonal skills combined with outstanding verbal and written communication skills and strong negotiation abilities.
Please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org